Maywood, New Jersey
Maywood was formerly part of New Barbados Township;
when Hackensack became a village, the westerly portion of
New Barbados Township became Midland Township. It ranked high
among the townships of the county for its diverse, beautiful
scenery and productiveness of its land. The Revolutionary
Army encamped within its borders, and General Washington frequently
honored the early settlers by his presence.
In 1871 the New Jersey Midland Railroad, now known as the
New York Susquehanna and Western, was constructed and with
the help of property owners, a railroad station was erected
at a country road crossing and given the name “Maywood.”
In 1872, the pre-revolutionary route connecting Hackensack
to Paramus, now known as Passaic Street, was straightened
and laid out in its present form.
Contact us for details